For Coaches - 2012 MBGLL Jamboree
June 16-17, 2012
MBGLL Jamboree — Coaches Notes
June 16-17, 2012 - Triton Regional High School -
112 Elm Street, Byfield MA 01922
June 17, 2012 - Franklin High School -
218 Oak Street, Franklin MA 02038
— Please have your team arrive at least 30 minutes
before your first game to allow time to park, register, find each other, set up your tents and other equipment, and get to your field.
– Only coaches need to register at the Registration Tent. Plan to check-in at least 30 minutes prior to your first game in case there are lines. MBGLL may need additional help. Please volunteer your time if possible.
– Please double-check your game schedule when you register your team to confirm your playing times and fields in case there were any last-minute changes.
– We will have a message board at the registration tent. If your team is short players, please put your team name down on the board. That way, if girls are looking to pick up extra games, they can simply show up at your field and help you out.
Field Monitor Positions
– Field monitors are strategically posted throughout the site under tents with “Field Monitor” banners. Field monitors have a game and horn schedule as well as a field map. Field monitors also have a walkie-talkie. If there is an injury requiring medical attention, please either go to the closest field monitor station or the registration tent.
The field monitor will radio the nurse, who will immediately report to your site.
Respect our Hosts
— We would like to use these facilities again, so please behave in a way that makes it easy for us to do so. Also, please pick up all trash before leaving a field or your tent area. Many hands mean little work for us all. Thank you.
Respect your Opponents
— If you see that your team is dominating a game, please demonstrate the sportsmanship that MBGLL represents by not running up the score. Some ways to keep the play even are to switch to four passes before shooting or play with non-dominant hands at the top of the sticks.
Honor the Game
– Please read this document regarding honoring the game and share it with your parents and players. As a reminder, spectators are to sit on the opposite side of the field from the teams. Spectators are asked to only participate in positive cheering from the sidelines. For more information, Honor the Game
is located on www.mbgll.org
Support our Sponsors and Vendors
— Our sponsors, especially STX
, have contributed significantly to making the Jamborees a success. Please support them and visit their booths.
— If you are short players we will have no problem finding girls willing to join your team for a game or two...it's part of the Jamboree spirit! (We have a message board at the registration tent for just this purpose.) Please contact the site coordinators if you find yourself in this position. If you "no-show," MBGLL will not invite your team back to a Jamboree for a long, long time...
2012 Jamboree Cancellation Policy -
Space is limited at MBGLL’s Jamboree. Therefore, MBGLL charges a $50 or a $100 per team cancellation fee to cover administrative costs if a team wishes to withdraw from the Jamboree after having registered. Refunds of the difference are given only if the entire event sells out and a team’s spot is resold. Please know that MBGLL is willing to work with a team to change a time slot to avoid the necessity of a cancellation. No refunds are issued within two weeks prior to the jamboree.
Parking - Franklin
– Franklin has plenty of parking for our visitors. Please look at the site map prior to arriving to see where the parking lots are located. MBGLL will post signs at the available lots. Please do not park illegally. The police will regularly patrol the area and ticket/tow illegally parked cars.
Parking - Byfield
– Parking at the Triton Regional High School is a little limited. We will run a shuttle bus between the High School and Governor’s Academy on Saturday morning from 8a until 2p and all day Sunday from 8a to 6p. Look on www.mbgll.org
for directions to the overflow parking lot.
— MBGLL’s Jamboree will take place unless the weather is REALLY bad or playing will damage the fields. Check this website for the latest schedule information in case of bad weather. It will have up-to-the minute information. Please don't call the site managers...with a total of 160 teams and almost 3,700 girls playing, they are not able to handle the load.
Team Volunteer Assignments
— The people managing the Jamboree are all volunteers like you. We all need to pitch in with "chores" like trash pickup, parking management, etc. We request that every team clean the fields up after each game and especially if you are playing during the last time slot of the day. Garbage bags are available at the registration tent if you need them and there are plenty of trash cans throughout the field complex. Please pay special attention to all of those water bottles.
— Games will start and stop on a central horn, so please arrive at the field ready to play. Not being ready means you play shorter games. Each team will play at least three games...a few will play four games if we have an odd number of teams in an age group.
— Teams will play 19-minute halves with a 2-minute halftime. This will leave 5 minutes between games. Only a handful of teams have any back-to-back games...you will have to hurry to get to the different fields!
— Grade 5/6 and Grade 7/8 teams will play 12v12. Grade 1/2 and 3/4 teams will play 7 v 7 with an optional goalie.
– No coaches are permitted on the field at any league level. (Coaches are to stay in the coaching area.) The girls have had plenty of time to practice over the season. Now, they get to show off their skills.
— You do not
need to pay officials...MBGLL will pay them directly.
First Aid Personnel
— MBGLL will have first aid personnel on-site. If you have a medical emergency on a field, please go to the nearest Field Monitor Station. All field monitors have walkie talkies and are able to call the nurse immediately.
The nurse is stationed at the registration tent.
Illegal Stick Restringing
– Many players are still using illegally strung sticks. Please stop by the registration tent area to receive assistance with restringing your stick.
– There are a couple of different areas where teams may set up tents. (See the field map for locations.) Because of safety concerns, we ask that you not use grills at the facility.
– No dogs are permitted at the Franklin site. You may bring dogs to Byfield but please carry plastic bags with you to clean up after them. We don’t want our players to step in any surprises with their cleats. All pets must remain on leash at all times while on-site.
Other Helpful Hints
– Sometimes the tent area is quite a distance from the parking area. If you have a lot of equipment to transport to this area, we suggest that you bring a wagon or wheelbarrow. MBGLL will not loan out its golf cart to teams to transport equipment.
No running water is available for teams at the fields. Please bring plenty of liquid for your teams.
On-site vendors will sell lacrosse equipment and gifts. On-site concessions will sell breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Of course, snacks are also available. Please support our vendors and our sponsor, STX, and visit their booths.
— If you have a question, please send an e-mail to
. On Saturday/Sunday, Jamboree on-site staff will reside at the Registration tent. Look for them if you have questions or need help.
Have a fantastic Jamboree experience!