Sportsmanship and Compliance Policy
US Lacrosse membership: All players, coaches, assistant coaches, and officials must have a valid US Lacrosse membership during all yearly practices and games in order to participate in MBGLL's league. Membership must start prior to MBGLL's spring season. Membership expiration dates should be set on or after June 30. Town administrators are responsible for ensuring that nobody misses this requirement within their town.
MBGLL requires all member towns to use an electronic registration system that automatically verifies US Lacrosse membership before a player or coach is able to register for a team. MBGLL has chosen League Athletics for our entire league. Towns must link their own League Athletics account with MBGLL's. Look on mbgll.org under "Blogs an Technology" for instructions on how to do this.
Town administrators must submit proof of their town's and all of its coaches' requirements to their division director prior to the start of the season. Failure to do wo will result in the disqualification of a team or coach to participate in MBGLL's league. Templates are found on mbgll.org under "Documents" and "Policy Advice for Administrators."
Annual Meeting - optional. This is where any required voting takes place. You may attend the annual meeting remotely.
Required In-Person Meetings - Each town must have a least one representative at the following meetings to remain in good standing.
- Division Meeting in Fall
- Winter Pre-Scheduling Meeting
- Submit fields
- Create schedule (helpful to have more than one person at this meeting)
- Winter Scheduling Meeting
- Mid-season division conference call (check in on how the season is going)
- End of Season Wrap-Up Meeting (may attend remotely)
- Have no town infractions for unsportsmanlike conduct by coaches, players, fans, or town leagues.
Towns are asked to volunteer and fulfill their duty in the league in order to participate in MBGLL. A list of volunteer positions is located on www.mbgll.org.
For every 5 teams entered into MBGLL, towns must have access to one field from 12p to 6p on Sunday afternoons during the season. If you do not have access to a field during this time, you have a couple of options:
1. Play your home games at your opponent's location.
2. Ask your opponents to play games at your field when it is available.