Mass Bay Girls Lacrosse League (MBGLL) is a Sunday afternoon recreational program located in Eastern Massachusetts. We organize and operate a program for more than 10,000 young girls' lacrosse players. In 2016 we had 80 different towns represented with over 400 teams in 1st through 8th grade. MBGLL started the MBGLL Select League during the 2010-2011 season to offer U13 and U15 players the opportunity to compete at a higher level of competition on their town's team. Our mission is to promote girls' youth lacrosse in an environment that emphasizes fun, while developing skills, teamwork, good sportsmanship, and integrity.
Jamboree registration is going to open up on April 29 at 7a. The Jamboree is scheduled for June 10-11, 2017 at Chelmsford High School in Chelmsford MA.
A couple of things for you to consider:
1. Morning sessions will have teams play one game, be off two games, play the next game, be off two games, and play a last game. Afternoon sessions will have teams play every other game.
2. We are moving the headquarters to the center, high school fields, at Chelmsford High School. All tents will get set up there.
3. Session 1 each day will run from 8:30a - 3:15p and session 2 each day will from from 3:15p to 7:40p.
4. U9, U11 U13, & U15 will have an opportunity to play in all sessions.
5. You should start thinking about which session and which day you would like to play. Teams should pick one session on one day when registering.
6. Registration is online by credit card and is non-refundable.
7. As you know from past years, some sessions sell out within a couple of minutes. I have added a few more spaces this year since we are extending the days. I suggest that you have multiple people from your town online at 7a to register your teams so that you are able to get your first choice of dates and times.
8. Registration reservations will cancel at the end of your session if payment isn't entered. Because space is so limited, we are unable to hold space.
9. To register, on April 29 at 7a, go to mbgll.org and click on "Team Registrations." It may take a few minutes for you to see the date and time that you want because I will be opening up the registrations. In order for me to do this, I have to go into every registration program, which takes a little bit of time. (The registrations are already built. I just have to make them visible by clicking a button.)
10. If a session sells out, please add your team to the wait list. Every year we receive a few registration mistakes and the next person on the wait list will receive the spot.
11. Each year our MBGLL Jamboree gets bigger and better. You won't want to miss it. I hope to see you there!
Game Change Reminder - When trying to reschedule a game, please pick a date that is at least a week away. Let me explain the time delay. Just about everyone involved in executing the changes works full-time jobs during the week. After the town submits the game change request form to the division director for review, several things have to happen. 1. The division director checks the master schedule to see how the change impacts other games. 2. If there isn't an impact to other games, the division director enters the change into League Athletics. 3. The assignor searches the schedule to see what games do not have officials assigned. 4. The assignor emails the available games out to officials to see if anyone is available and willing to pick up the game. 5. The official emails the assignor back with a yes/no answer. 6. The assignor sends other, multiple requests for officials to pick up the game if no one accepts the game after the first notification. 7. Once an official replies that s/he can officiate the game, the assignor enters the information into the game details. 8. Now the coach is able to see the assigned official.
Because so many people are involved with lacrosse for the love of the sport, it is typically a hobby and something that is focused on after an 8 to 12 hour work day. So, there are time delays between each step.
If you are simply switching fields within the town but keeping the same time, there shouldn't be any issue. Simply notify the assigned official of the different location. However, since so many games need to be made up after the first two weeks of this season, switching fields to another town may have an impact on the official's schedule because they often are running to multiple different games and fields throughout the day. Switching town fields may not allow them to make their other, assigned games due to the drive times.
If you have to cancel a game, please let your division director know, even if you do not have the game rescheduled yet. Your division directors are working hard to keep League Athletics updated and they will indicate that a game is cancelled in the system.
Finally, please remember your home team responsibilities. The home team must notify the opposing coach and assigned officials of game changes/cancellations. If an official shows up to the original game, the home team is responsible for paying them for their time.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding during the start of this season. In the last 10 years I have not seen a slower start to the season. I'm hoping that most fields will be open by next weekend.
Enjoy the season! Lacrosse is so much fun and the players really benefit from your hard work and dedication as coaches, town administrators, and officials.
MBGLL has signed up as a charitable organization through AmazonSmile. 5% of your qualifying Amazon orders will get donated to MBGLL. Simply enter Amazon through this link, (https://smile.amazon.com) identify MBGLL one time, and start shopping. Amazon will take care of the rest.
As our operating costs are increasing, especially with the Jamboree, we are looking for fundraising opportunities that will not interfere with our mission. Please support MBGLL and help us keep our costs low by shopping through AmazonSmile. Thank you.
Hello MBGLL coaches, town administrators, parents, players and prospective participants. We are doing the majority of our communication on MBGLL's facebook page. Please go to Facebook, find MBGLL's page, hover over like, and select "notifications" to receive a copy of our posts in your email. Thanks.